Do you like a challenge? How about being on the forefront of innovation? Yes? Then picture yourself working at Protedyne (a LabCorp company). Here, you’ll build your career alongside some of the brightest and most creative minds in laboratory automation, engineering, science, and software.
We are hiring for the following positions at the Protedyne headquarters in Windsor, CT. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, please visit http://jobs.labcorp.com/ and the keyword "Protedyne"
ON-SITE SERVICE ENGINEER – Dublin, OH
We have an immediate opening for an On-Site Service Engineer. This is a 3rd shift position based at LabCorp's Diagnostic Laboratories in Dublin, OH. Occasionally this position may have to work different shifts and be on call for nights and weekends. The position reports to the Protedyne Customer Care Manager. The ideal candidate must work well under minimal managerial direction to perform customer support activities involving installation, troubleshooting, repair, qualifications, validation services, and preventive maintenance for complex laboratory automation. May also be required to provide operator training and field upgrades as required. The position will train at Protedyne's Windsor, CT facility for the first 3 - 4 months.
- Responsible for Propel, HPV, Matrix and PPA automation systems including preventative maintenance and routine/emergency repair.
- Executes Factory Acceptance Testing of automation equipment at Protedyne’s manufacturing site in Windsor, CT.
- Installs equipment at customer site and conducts Site Acceptance Tests.
- Responsible for system upgrades, qualifications and testing.
- Responsible for the upkeep and accuracy of assigned inventory.
- Provides high level of customer support in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
- Continuously improves knowledge and skills to increase proficiency on equipment.
- Routinely completes administrative paperwork such as but not limited to: Customer Feedback, Time Reports, Inventory Reports, Equipment Checklists, and Maintenance Checklists.
- Occasionally provides training for operators of equipment.
- 25% domestic travel required (mostly during 2-month training period)
- Provide weekend, holiday and after-hours work.
- Perform other assigned duties as required.
- A.S. or B.S. degree in a technical field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Computer literacy required (Microsoft Excel, word, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of various troubleshooting/analysis tools. Proficient use of diagnostic instrumentation and equipment such as DVMs, Oscilloscopes, Micrometers, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years related field service experience with complex automation systems.
- Previous Field Service experience in medical or laboratory automation is a plus.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and customer satisfaction skills.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical systems.
- Must possess excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills and demonstrate the ability to make sound judgments in the field.
- Ability to accurately diagnose issues as described by customers. Ability to triage calls and develop a best practices solution to keep systems in production.
- Ability to instruct customers in system operation and maintenance.
- The ability to maintain professional demeanor and sense of humor in demanding situations at customer site.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy items (minimum 50lbs) regularly such as inventory, tools, and instrumentation.
- Must be able to work independently and take ownership of on-site service responsibilities.