Do you like a challenge? How about being on the forefront of innovation? Yes? Then picture yourself working at Protedyne (a LabCorp company). Here, you’ll build your career alongside some of the brightest and most creative minds in laboratory automation, engineering, science, and software.
We are hiring for the following position at the Protedyne headquarters in Windsor, CT. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit http://jobs.labcorp.com and search within 5 miles of "Windsor CT"
We have an immediate opening for a Materials Manager at our Windsor, CT headquarters. This position will manage and execute all supply chain activities and logistics for a sophisticated electro-mechanical product line within an ISO13485 environment.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Organize and manage the procurement, shipping, production planning & inventory control functions.
- Identify and implement material planning strategies within the Great Plains ERP system.
- Supply Base Management
- Negotiate purchasing price agreements and contracts.
- Actively work to reduce costs and lead times within the supply chain
- Initiate and manage all sourcing/production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and improve utilization of company’s inventory resources.
- Interface with engineering and manufacturing concerning purchased material status.
- Evaluate supplier base to determine best value and develop associated strategic relationships.
- Coordinate cross-functional activities to formulate disposition actions of slow moving or obsolete material.
- Create, review and update materials policies and procedures
- Interface with Engineering in support of New Products
- Expediting Material deliveries as required
- Purchasing Support/Adherence to Annual ISO13485 Audit requirements.
Skills / Knowledge / Educational Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of warehouse/inventory procedures.
- Strong computer skills and experience including familiarity with MRP planning systems.
- Must maintain confidentiality of information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with interpersonal skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Proven negotiation skills and experience
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management or Business
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years