Do you like a challenge? How about being on the forefront of innovation? Yes? Then picture yourself working at Protedyne (a LabCorp company). Here, you’ll build your career alongside some of the brightest and most creative minds in laboratory automation, engineering, science, and software.
We are hiring for the following positions at the Protedyne headquarters in Windsor, CT. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, please visit http://jobs.labcorp.com and search within 5 miles of "Windsor CT"
We have an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Technician in our Production Department. The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for assembling, testing and troubleshooting of complex automation equipment.
- Perform mechanical, electro-mechanical, and pneumatic assembly and test of prototype and production products using common hand tools, including wiring, soldering and crimping.
- Load software and perform system bring-up on electro-mechanical devices, including de-bug and troubleshooting.
- Work closely with Quality and Engineering to identify problems and obtain corrective action.
- Help develop manufacturing assembly and test procedures during prototype build process.
- Assure products and processes meet quality requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, Associates Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering would be a plus. Minimum of 3 – 5 years precision assembly experience.
- Strong electro-mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Thorough knowledge of electro/mechanical components.
- PC skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Experience in loading software.
- Demonstrated skills with the safe and effective use of standard hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and understand CAD drawings, blueprints and schematics.
- Must be a team player who is well organized, with good communication skills, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment.