Do you like a challenge? How about being on the forefront of innovation? Yes? Then picture yourself working at Protedyne (a LabCorp company). Here, you’ll build your career alongside some of the brightest and most creative minds in laboratory automation, engineering, science, and software.
We are hiring for the following position at the Protedyne headquarters in Windsor, CT. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit http://jobs.labcorp.com and search within 5 miles of "Windsor CT"
Intern - Software Engineering (Summer 2022)
Protedyne has an opening for a Software Intern to support our Software Development Department. The job is located at our offices in Windsor, CT. This position will assist our Software Engineers in developing new products and testing software on complex robotic systems prior to their introduction to manufacturing.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assist engineers in developing software for tangible projects, such as:
- Autonomous mobile robot support
- Graphical user interface development
- Machine Vision, Machine Learning and Augmented Reality development
- Perform testing on software and provide feedback to the appropriate team
- Debug and troubleshoot software designs for robotic equipment
- Working towards an AS or BS in Software Engineering or Computer Science with a minor in Robotics/Mechatronics
- Previous experience as a Software Intern, preferably with experience programming and troubleshooting robots or automation equipment
- Must have a desire to learn and contribute in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to research/debug
- Demonstrated ability to share information and communicate clearly with team members and internal customers
- Desire to take personal ownership of assigned tasks while working within a team on large projects
- Uncompromising standards of quality in performing job function, with an eye for detail and on-time delivery
- Understanding of object oriented programing languages (C++, C#, Python, etc.)
- Exposure to Web Development, Java, Docker and/or database experience a plus
- Proficiency with SolidWorks a plus